[yocto] [danny] multilib ends up with multiple provider error for virtual/lib32-libintl

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 01:49:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 11:27 PM, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On danny branch I am seeing below error when multilib is enabled for
> x86-64 anyone seen it ?
>
> ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide
> virtual/lib32-libintl
> (virtual:multilib:lib32:/work/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.16.bb
> virtual:multilib:lib32:/work/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/gettext/gettext_0.18.1.1.bb).

I think my problem is due to the fact that MULTILIBS var is used in
preferred_ml_updates ()
which is called upon ConfigParsed event

and I have been trying to use arch overrides to define MULTILIBS
variable to accommodate
it in distro.conf but at that point overrides are not evaluated yet
and hence when I do

MULTILIBS_x86-64 = "multilib:lib32"
MULTILIB ?= ""

in distro.conf, preferred_ml_updates () gets the value before
overrides which is ""
and hence it thinks there is no multilib and does not add to
MULTI_PROVIDER_WHITELIST

so essentially the recommended usage to have multilib defined in
distro.conf wont work
for more than one machine builds. To get it to work for more than 1
machine include conf/multilib.conf in desired machine.conf  and then

DEFAULTTUNE_virtclass-multilib-lib32 = "${MULTILIBARCH}"

# Currently we only support multilib on ppc64 and x86_64
MULTILIBARCH_x86-64 = "x86"
MULTILIBARCH_e5500-64b = "ppce5500"
MULTILIBARCH ?= ""

in distro.conf would make sure the right stuff happens.