[yocto] inconsistent pages out there for setting up your yocto dev host

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Nov 23 06:48:18 PST 2012

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> Well, we don't test with any other value of ASSUME_PROVIDED. If you
> add tools to ASSUME_PROVIDED that we would have otherwise built so
> that the host tools are used, we haven't tested the build with those
> host tools. Equally if you remove items from the default value of
> ASSUME_PROVIDED, we don't necessarily fully test the system with
> native tools that we don't normally build (although that's less
> likely to be an issue than the other case).
>
> I'm not saying you can't change the value of ASSUME_PROVIDED - just
> that if you do and the build breaks, you get to keep both pieces :)

  completely understood.  for the sake of classroom work, i'm going to
experiment with adding extra entries to speed things up, and watch if
anything breaks.  my first choice would be to add subversion to
ASSUME_PROVIDED -- that seems fairly safe, any moderately current
version of subversion should work.

  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca