[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 20 19:23:28 PST 2012

Attendees:
Nitin, Ramana, ErenT, Saul, Beth, Daren, JeffP, TomZ, PaulE, DavidW, DaveST, ChrisL, BjornS, ScottR, Nitin, MihaiL, MarkH, BruceA, Amit, Denys, JessicaZ, RP, Song

Minutes:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4 status - 20 min (Song/team)
  . Status update in Bugzilla: please update status by Monday morning. Use the status field please.
  . Always schedule the features with higher priority first.
  . Things in master:
    opkg: added alternative ln patch. Use 'ln -n' to avoid dereferencing links to host files.
    Python: resolve intermediate staging issues, simplifying python recipe and the compile process.
    Fixed a bug in make-3.82 for archive expression expansion.
    Initial integration of python-smartpm recipe for SMART updater.
    Various bitbake improvement including ensuring last tasks are displayed correctly in the footer, remove obsolete console log code, add error to return of runCommand, etc.
    Various HOB improvement such as saving proxy settings, adding a button for network testing, UI improvement around progress bar, etc.
    Share state improvement, allow only partial installation, speed up things in some cases.
    colorize the bitbake console output
    Reduce the amount directories when searching. patches on the mailing list.
  . 1.4 M1 feature complete: Nov. 25th. Running full pass testing this week.
  . Master status: Building, there was an issue for QT, looking at it now. Will have the build ready for QA this week.

* SWAT team rotation: Jessica -> Ross

* Opens - 10 min
  - Eren docs: finished hello-world doc (http://erenturkay.com/doc/from-bitbake-to-image/), would like to feedback. It's ok to be independent or integrated into existing YP docs. ScottR to follow up With Eren.
  - RP: various notes about profiling (bitbake). There is wiki page (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Profiling), working in progress. Hopefully to integrate something to bitbake manual. Tom is working on profiling for the target system.
  - Dave: offline configuration tool. Ramana: would like to take it to the next step. RP: encourage people to talk to each other. Mark and Darren posted something that could be overlapping with this. Suggest Ramana, Mark and Darren to talk.
  - Bjorn: patches for package testing coming, first glib dbus testing.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - DavidW: share experience building with a toolchain on a shared file system (Samba). 3min vs. 8min. Will try to reconfig shared storage. Michael: NFS worked well for us.
  - MichaelH: Added new status values in Bugzilla and regression types for bugs. Will add hover text for the definition of regression types. meta-intel BSPs released, helped in that process. Working on some code review tools. Went over who has access to the security bugs, added some people. Let me know if anyone else needs access that.
  - ScottR: had a meeting with Huawei, engaging with them, they would like to start contributing to YP documentation. Will be working with them.
  - Eren: getting the security bug in advance, it would be very helpful. security question. RP: we are in cc? list, can we go one step further, join some other list so that we can get warnings earlier. We started from base level, no plans, but if anyone can get us in that circle it would be great. Song will pass this on to ScottG and CC Mark.