[yocto] Alternative SDK installation directory working?

Laurentiu Palcu laurentiu.palcu at intel.com
Mon Nov 19 06:21:30 PST 2012

On 11/19/2012 03:50 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Laurentiu,

>> Just do: $CC -o /tmp/x /tmp/x.c
>>
>> It should work.
>>
>> echo $CC
>> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -march=armv5te -marm -mthumb-interwork
>> -mtune=arm926ej-s --sysroot=/tests/sdk/sysroots/armv5te-poky-linux-gnueabi
>
> Argh... Isn't it somewhat ... unconventional (to avoid stonger words)
> to encode compiler options in a variable which is supposed to define
> the "Program for compiling C programs" ?
It is unconventional, I admit. Unfortunately, it's not clear to me why
this was done in the first place. I've just read the commit message for
these changes and it didn't make it clearer. Maybe Mark, who made these
changes, can give us a better answer.

> Should such options not go to one of the *FLAGS variables instead?
I personally don't see any reason why they shouldn't.

Thanks,
Laurentiu