[yocto] Using vendo kernel with Yocto

João Henrique Freitas joaohf at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:25:59 PST 2012

Hello, just a report

As my vendor never will release patch to a recent kernel and our
applications needs some recent fetures found in a recent kernel. I decided
to make the patchs by myself.

I missed one week reading datasheet, git log, studying the old
implementation made by Mindspeed  and so on.

Now the kernel 3.4.18 boot and runs in our board using yocto 1.3. Of course
I have learned a lot of things.

Maybe some adjusts will be need to do. However I am very happy to track
Yocto project with Mindspeed hardware. This is going to speedup the release
cicles and  tools of our products.

Thanks.

>> Have you contacted the vendor to see if they can provide an updated patch?
>>

> Yes, I contacted they. They said that the kernel is 2.6.22.19 and did not
> have plans to upgrade it.

João Henrique Freitas - joaohf_at_gmail.com
Campinas-SP-Brasil
BSD051283
LPI 1
http://www.joaohfreitas.eti.br