[yocto] questions about writing a recipe

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Thu Nov 15 21:33:52 PST 2012

Hello Liu,

On Fri, 2012-11-16 at 11:06 +0800, Liu wrote:
>     I'm writing a recipe and come up with a question.I want to invoke
> the the workdir of package A in my recipe of package B. I tried to use
> the variable WORKDIR,but it represent for the workdir of B in the
> recipe of package B. So is there any good ideas about this ?

Basically, you are trying to use a variable from one recipe in another
recipe. I guess, there is no direct way of doing this. However, you can
echo the ${WORKDIR} of recipe A to a file inside the ${STAGING_DIR} and
then read the contents in recipe B. But, you should make sure that the
recipe B gets executed after recipe A.

Also remember, if you have specified INHERIT = "rm_work" in your
local.conf then the work dir will be removed after the tasks of a
package are completed.

IMHO, depending on files from another package's workdir is a bad idea.
--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited