[yocto] Autotools-based project question

Rifenbark, Scott M scott.m.rifenbark at intel.com
Tue Nov 13 15:17:45 PST 2012

I have an Autotools-based project (helloworld) that I have create and works.  I am trying to test the instructions in the "Autotools-Based Projects" section of the YP Application Developer's Guide (http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/1.4/adt-manual/adt-manual.html#autotools-based-projects).  This short section basically tells you how to use the cross-toolchain by passing the appropriate host option to configure.sh.  When I execute configure and pass the --host and --with options it is not recognizing the --with stuff.  There is a note in the section that tells what to do if this is the case.  When I run through the steps in the note I get problems when running autoheader.  It complains of AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not being in configure.in.  I tried adding a line (AC_CONFIG_HEADERS) to my configure.in file but that doesn't work.  I've googled a bunch of stuff trying to educate myself but I have not made any headway.  Does anyone know anything about this area?

Thanks,
Scott

Scott Rifenbark
Intel Corporation