[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Nov 13 11:19:08 PST 2012

Attendees:
David wolfe, Jessica, Laurentiu, Iona, RichardP, MarkH, Eren Türkay, Saul, ScottR, TomZ, Darren, Bruce, Mihai, Jefro, Richard, Paul, JeffP, Nitin, BrianR, MichaelH, BogdanM, AlexG, Ross,

Agenda:

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.4 status - 20 min (Song/team)
  - RP: 1.4 feature. Collected features, now features on the 1.4 feature list wiki page, set release themes.
  - DavidW: system D for sure for 1.4? RP: yes it's high, which means must-have for the release.
  - Song: no specific target for M1 due to ELCE, but we certainly have a lot of things integrated in master, so we will go with what we have, but still make sure we have a good quality milestone release.
  - Actions for the team: estimation done by next Tuesday for features owned. Team leads will find proper owners for 1.4 features with the team.
  - 1.4 links:
    https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Schedule
    https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.4_Features
    https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&src=mg0m150m30gs891eqqhtfu5jgg%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%238C500B&src=sc7rov4ck552t2f0pav120t7r0%40group.calendar.google.com&color=%23528800&src=theyoctoproject%40gmail.com&color=%23182C57&ctz=America%2FLos_Angeles

* SWAT team rotation: Paul - Jessica
* Opens - 10 min
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - RP: ELCE followed up with a developer day. Blimp was flying. A couple of presentations in the conference. Dave had one. It's about what's in 1.3 what's coming in 1.4. The dev day is well attended. Presentation, lab sessions, etc. Enjoyable, grateful to people helping there.
  - Paul: panel discussion in dev day. Hoping some sessions will be available online.
  - Mark: Chris from mentor had presentation. Something like a QA session, 15 slides, covering issues people likely run into and their solutions.
  - Action item: Jefro will follow up and get the materials online for everyone.
  - Eren: some comments, hard to understand some of the usage issues. Will come up with a draftdocument. Would like to have feedback. Paul: the doc is to explain in slight deeper and easier-to-understand way how systems hang together, how to put recipes in an image, etc.
  - Michael: Added a plugin in IRC, auto link to the bug when people are talking about bugs there. Alternate workload, ways we can track more useful data in Bugzilla, some display issues. Bugs moved from 1.3 to 1.4. New mailing list: Meta-mentor, meta-intel, meta-freescale. Worked on the new website with Jefro. New web site is launched before ELCE.
  - Ramana: from Huawei, woud like to talk about some 1.4 work, looking for comments for the offline configuration. Will send out the proposal this week. Looking into test automation. Will work with Yocto QA together.