[yocto] Cannot Compile Application in Eclipse IDE Juno

Sean Liming sean.liming at annabooks.com
Fri Nov 9 09:55:28 PST 2012

I am using Intel Atom n450, not ARM. I have built three images using atom-pc
for the BSP and core-image-sato-dev, core-image-sato, and
core-image-sato-sdk for the base images. All the images are in the build
directory. Using Hob, I set the Build Toolchain for each build to be x86_64
in the Advanced configuration. The images build and run.

To setup the application development environment

1.       Used Bitbake adt-installer - the ADT installer was in the
tmp/deploy/sdk folder. (I also downloaded the ADT and extracted the tarball
with the same result.)

2.       Extracted the ADT tarball.

3.       Change the adt_intstaller.conf file to

YOCTOADT_TARGETS="x86_64"

QEMU and NFS are set to Y

YOCTOADT_ROOTFS_x86_64="sato-sdk"

YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_IMAGE_ x86_64="sato-sdk"

YOCTOADT_TARGET_SYSROOT_LOC_ x86_64="$HOME/Yocto1.3/test-yocto/x86_64"

I commented out the other settings for the ARM.

4.       Ran the ADT installer. It looks like the QEMU rootfs gets installed
in the $HOME/Yocto1.3/test-yocto/x86_64. As a test I changed this out with
the rootfs built from one of the images. In either case the issue was the
same

5.       Installed Eclipse JUNO

6.       Setup the Eclipse plugins per instructions

7.       Setup the ADT parameters to point to the Toolchain Root Location
and Sysroot location. An error would occur if I don't get these right.

8.       Created the applications and tried to compile with the errors.

Am I supposed to bitbake meta-ide-support?

Regards,

Sean Liming

Owner

Annabooks