[yocto] forcing to run a task that has been disabled by image.bbclass

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Mon Nov 5 01:24:16 PST 2012

Hello,
I have been using edison branch for quite some time. As I was trying to
migrate my layer to danny branch I found that in commit 6706c7bd common
tasks such as fetch, unpack, patch etc has been disabled for image
recipes by setting the 'noexec' flag for them.

My image recipe installs certain files via IMAGE_PREPROCESS_COMMAND. So,
how do I re-enable the do_fetch task.

        inherit core-image
        python () {
                d.delVarFlag('do_fetch','noexec')
        }

The above code doesn't solve the purpose. I guess the order to execution
of anonymous python function happens before the inheritance. Is there
any other alternative other than extending the image.bbclass in my
layer? Please guide me.

--
Joshua Immanuel
HiPro IT Solutions Private Limited