[yocto] meta-cedartrail - serial console

Darren Hart darren.hart at intel.com
Thu May 31 12:43:20 PDT 2012

On 05/31/2012 12:32 PM, jfabernathy wrote:
> On 05/31/2012 02:18 PM, Bodke, Kishore K wrote:

Ah yes, this rebuild is a bit frustrating. I believe it is the
task_core* tasks you need to rebuild. bitbake -u depexp -g
core-image-base (whatever your image is) will allow you to view which
task_ tasks it is building, try cleansstate'ing those and rebuilding the
image.

--
Darren

> Jim A
>>> However, when the image booted, I had no serial console on ttyS0.  I
>>> checked /etc/inittab and noticed that the following line existed:
>>>
>>> S:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 ttyS3
>>>
>>> I changed the ttyS3 to ttyS0 and then I have a serial console on the
>>> next reboot.  So it appears the override in the .conf file is not
>>> working.  Also I only have the console from getty, and not the kernel
>>> logging console.
>>>
>>> Anyone have a solution??
>>>
>>> If this is considered a bug I can put it on bugzilla.
>>>
>>> Jim A

Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center
Yocto Project - Linux Kernel