[yocto] meta-cedartrail - serial console

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu May 31 09:11:35 PDT 2012

Using a DN2800MT (Marshalltown) Intel board, I'm testing the
meta-cedartrail using edison branch and noticed an issues with the
serial console.

The cedartrail.conf in the machine directory has the following statements:

SYSLINUX_OPTS = "serial 0 115200"
SERIAL_CONSOLE = "115200 ttyS0"
APPEND += "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0"

However, when the image booted, I had no serial console on ttyS0.  I
checked /etc/inittab and noticed that the following line existed:

S:2345:respawn:/sbin/getty 115200 ttyS3

I changed the ttyS3 to ttyS0 and then I have a serial console on the
next reboot.  So it appears the override in the .conf file is not
working.  Also I only have the console from getty, and not the kernel
logging console.

Anyone have a solution??

If this is considered a bug I can put it on bugzilla.

Jim A