[yocto] Help in building an ad-hoc qte image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 29 03:56:46 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 12:25:27 marco.monguzzi at exorint.it wrote:
> let me rephrase for the sake of clearness.
> This part of recipe:
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN}-base_ANOTHERBOARD  = " \
>         libqt-embeddedphonon4 \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer \
>         "
>
> has the ultimate goal of adding phonon + gstreamer backend
> for ANOTHERBOARD only to the rootfs.
> It appears ok. We normally do not get indeed phonon + gstreamer backend.
>
> The issue is that we get contents of
> meta\recipes-multimedia\gstreamer\gstreamer_0.10.36.bb
> (see original post for listing) in the rootfs and do not get what pull
> them in.

Ah, right, now I understand the question. So you've asked for task-qt4e-xyz-
base to be installed, and task-qt4e-xyz-base for ANOTHERBOARD RDEPENDS upon
qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer. The "missing link" is that in
do_package we have some code to analyse shared libraries (.so) that are going
into a package in order to detect which other shared libraries they need, and
if any are found we look to see which package provides them and automatically
add that package to RDEPENDS. Thus we look at the .so files in qt4-embedded-
plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer and determine from them that gstreamer is
required, thus gstreamer (along with libgstaudio and libgstvideo) is added to
RDEPENDS. See classes/package.bbclass if you want to see the code for this
(look for shlibdeps).

Note that sometimes this highlights problems with package granularity - I
don't know enough about gstreamer to know if any of the files currently in the
"gstreamer" package could actually be separated out if they aren't desired in
some installations. Occasionally as a result we do split packages further to
avoid unnecessary files being installed for all situations.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton