[yocto] Help in building an ad-hoc qte image

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon May 28 06:12:46 PDT 2012

Hi Giovanni,

On Thursday 24 May 2012 11:09:54 giovanni.pavoni at exorint.it wrote:
> this is to ask for help in building an ad-hoc qte image. My image bb sets
> as DEPENDS a custom "task-qt4e-xyz" task. Where task-qt4e-xyz.bb looks as
> follow:
>
> //---------------------//
>
> DESCRIPTION = "QT4 embedded xyz base image feed"
> PR = "r1"
> LICENSE = "MIT"
>
> LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "file://$
> {COREBASE}/LICENSE;md5=3f40d7994397109285ec7b81fdeb3b58 \
>                     file://$
> {COREBASE}/meta/COPYING.MIT;md5=3da9cfbcb788c80a0384361b4de20420"
>
> PR = "r3"
>
> inherit task
>
> TOUCH = ' ${@base_contains("MACHINE_FEATURES", "touchscreen", "tslib
> tslib-calibrate", "",d)}'
>
> PACKAGES += " \
>         ${PN}-base \
>         "
> DEPENDS = "qt4-embedded"
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN}-base = " \
>         qt4-embedded-conf \
>         libqt-embeddedcore4 \
>         libqt-embeddeddbus4 \
>         libqt-embeddedgui4 \
>         libqt-embeddedmultimedia4 \
>         libqt-embeddednetwork4 \
>         libqt-embeddedscript4 \
>         libqt-embeddedscripttools4 \
>         libqt-embeddedsvg4 \
>         libqt-embeddedxml4 \
>         qt4-embedded-fonts-ttf-dejavu \
>         qt4-embedded-fonts-ttf-vera \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-iconengine-svgicon \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-gif \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-ico \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-jpeg \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-mng \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-svg \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-imageformat-tiff \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-mousedriver-tslib \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-script-dbus \
>         ${TOUCH} \
>         "
>
> RDEPENDS_${PN}-base_ANOTHERBOARD  = " \
>         libqt-embeddedphonon4 \
>         qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer \
>         "
>
> RRECOMMENDS_${PN}-base = " \
>         libqt-embeddedwebkit4 \
>         libqt-embeddedxmlpatterns4 \
>         "
> //---------------------//
>
> The problem: I am getting in my image gstreamer contents (see below for
> files in my rootfs)
> but I unable to trace what gets it in. I need to build gstreamer to add to
> ANOTHERBOARD
> (thus would expect to add it to RDEPENDS_${PN}-base_ANOTHERBOARD) but do
> not need it by default.

If I understand correctly in that you have more than one machine and you need
gstreamer on ANOTHERBOARD and all other machines don't need it, I think the
problem here may be that the task package is not being built as machine-
specific; thus if task-qt4e-xyz is built for ANOTHERBOARD first then it will
bring in qt4-embedded-plugin-phonon-backend-gstreamer which pulls in
gstreamer. You may find that the problem goes away if you add this to the task
recipe:

PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}"

It's worth noting however that you don't have to add qt4-embedded-plugin-
phonon-backend-gstreamer here at all in order to have it built - the qt4
recipes always build it; so if you were adding it here just to make it build
and you don't need it installed by default, none of this is necessary at all.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton