[yocto] Planned Autobuilder Downtime

Flanagan, Elizabeth elizabeth.flanagan at intel.com
Wed May 23 17:35:46 PDT 2012

All,

I'll be upgrading the autobuilder servers on Friday afternoon, US west
coast time and conducting a test build of master and edison over the
weekend to verify that everything is working correctly. This will not
effect downloads, however the autobuilders will not be available for
builds for about 24 hours while final testing is completed. This
upgrade is mostly configuration related and has been delayed for some
time now due to autobuilder lockout periods. This upgrade will be
fixing the following bugs:

2029 Add a core-image-rt DISTRO target
2028 Add a poky-tiny DISTRO target
1850 Add new nightly-misc target to test other combinations
2191 i686-x86_64 toolchain is copied to the incorrect sharing directory

This upgrade also will allow for the autobuilder software to be more
flexible. The code has been cleaned up a bit more and some new
features added. One of the things I've wanted to add for a while now
is the ability to due pure OE-Core builds. The basic support for that
is in this upgrade. Also, this upgrade handles BSP builds more
smoothly than before, allowing us to utilize multiple bsp providers
(meta-ti, meta-intel, meta-fsl for example) in creating bblayers.conf.
And finally, this will also bring the production autobuilder entirely
in line with the git tree, something that has been planned for some
time. As the config file is now entirely controlled via the
autobuilder.conf file, it allows us to have a single generic
yoctoABConfig.py.

Lastly, I'll be updating credentials on the server. If you have build
permission on the server and have not sent me updated credentials,
please do so before Friday, as all prior credentials will be revoked
Friday afternoon.

Thanks,

-b

--