[yocto] runqemu qemux86

Autif Khan autif.mlist at gmail.com
Tue May 22 07:45:09 PDT 2012

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 7:43 AM, jfabernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:
> when testing an image using runqemu qemux86, can you get networking to
> work?? mine comes up disabled.  I want to test an application that requires
> Internet access.

Yes, I am able to get networking to work out of the box (bitbake
core-image-sato, etc.) Internetworking does not work out of the box.

This is accomplished over tun/tap devices - I do not know much about
these virtual networking devices - they have never failed for me :-)

The IP address of the emulated machine is 192.168.7.2 - The IP address
of host machine is 192.168.7.1

You can not (out of the box) communicate with machines other than the
host machine - so that would included internet etc.

So, if you have an ssh server or a web-server running on the host
machine - you can ssh to the host machine or browse a webpage using
the browser. Alternatively, you can run a proxy server on the build
machine and use it to get to the internet.

You can run ifconfig to see if the network is configured properly on
the emulated machine in the terminal. It should show 192.168.7.2 - if
you do not see this - you do not have networking working.