[yocto] How is the list in package.manifest derived?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue May 15 21:37:54 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, May 15, 2012, Rudolf Streif <rudolf.streif at linux.com> wrote:
> I used poky-denzil-7.0 to build a core-image-minimal for the BeagleBoard.
Now I am looking for a list of everything that went into my image together
with the license information. The logical thing seems to be
${TMPDIR}/deploy/licenses/core-image-minimal-beagleboard-<timestamp>/package.manifest:
> base-files
> base-passwd
> bash
> busybox
> busybox-syslog
> busybox-udhcpc
> initscripts
> libc6
> libgcc1
> libtinfo5
> libusb-1.0-0
> libusb-compat
> modutils-initscripts
> ncurses-terminfo-base
> netbase
> pciutils-ids
> sysvinit
> sysvinit-inittab
> sysvinit-pidof
> task-core-boot
> tinylogin
> udev
> udev-extraconf
> udev-utils
> update-alternatives-cworth
> update-rc.d
> usbutils-ids
> However, I don't think this is everything that went into the image. I
would expect the kernel to be in the list as well as module-init-tools and
u-boot. Apparently package.manifest and the corresponding license.manifest
for an image target do not contain all the licensing information that a
device builder would need to give to the end customer. How is that list
created?

I think kernel and uboot  are not bundled into image but kernel modules are
why module-init-tools does not appear there might be a bug