[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, May 15, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue May 15 10:02:54 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Josh, Sean, Jessica, ScottG, Mark, Darren, Denys, Jefro, Beth, Jeff, Matthew, Laurentiu, Michael, Bruce, Chris Larson, Ciby, Song

Agenda
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* 1.2.1 update - 10 min (ScottG)
  - We have 21 bugs fixed for 1.2.1, 23 more remain open. Current RC1 is July 2nd. First Monday in July. A little behind on merging patches.
* 1.1.2 update - 10 min (Josh)
  - Not much changed, going through bug list, the branch has not changed much.
  - Matthew: It's nice to have a release, but we are tracking fixes closely. Matthew will talk Josh on IRC to possibly include those in 1.1.2.
* Yocto 1.3 status  - 10 min (Song/team)
  - 1.3 feature list: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.3_Features
  - 1.3 schedule: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.3_Schedule
  - Process doc, will put it on wiki and send it to the public mailing list for review this week
  - Action Item for the team: complete 1.3 planning by EOD tomorrow. Complete M1 planning by EOD this Friday: features in M1 need to be smaller than 5D, estimate can be updated based on latest information.
  - QA: test plan for 1.3, Laurentiu will work with Jiajun.
  - Release criteria review: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.3_Status
* Beth: AB has some infrastructure upgrade, there is some instability. Having some issues with build history repo, Paul was working on that yesterday. Some other failures. Right now we are building meta-intel. Mails will be continued for build status.
* SWAT team rotation: Saul - Darren
* Opens - 10 min
  - Sean: glibc changes (header change) are causing some problems, 2.16 may have this fixed. Need to update. Sean will open a bug on this.
* Team Sharing - 20 min
  - Bruce: working on a few bugs, concentrating on 3.4, qemu64, simulation, etc.
  - Michael: moving service to dedicated VMs, fighting network attack. Finally got linux foundation address. This week will work on dev cluster for beth. Bugilla re-classification got postponed. Sean: Can we post the categories on the wiki. There is no reason that we cannot.
  - Beth: Yocto Project is going to have an intern, working on training. Look at some code for license manifest, rewriting it to fix some issues. Preping something to minimize AB downtime, ETA either this week or next week.
  - Darren: Working FRI II BSP, working through final enablement I2C, GPIO, polished, etc. Helping with some kernel work. Additional BSPs. Finishing up FRI II this week.
  - Mark: working on RPM, got it finally complete, hopefully I can submit today. Got some performance issues. 2420, generic issue. Slow performance sstate cache data. Did some optimization things.
  - ScottG: 1.2.1 work, outline for YP training screencast, how to customize image, how to use some tools in 1.2, 5-min screencast on making use of our source control, work on recipe. Linux-Zigbee is building and running, it's not interacting with hardware, 90% complete. Doing another 90% to make it work
  - Jessica: bug scrub for 1.3, 400 bugs, bucket them, working on bugs for 1.3 and 1.2.1. Song: Richard needs help on prioritizing HOB2 bugs, Jessica will take a look.
  - Sean: eglic bug, category, will work with Song
  - Josh: last week on 1.1.2, this week continue 1.1.2, and other bugs.
  - Ciby: Nothing specific.
  - Chris: primary working on fixing some bugs on oe-core, master, working on mentor backlog.
  - Paul: Continuing to work on the ability to take changes from local changes and files. 2044, 75% done.