[yocto] error with bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)

Jim Rucker jrucker at altera.com
Fri May 4 13:57:19 PDT 2012

> > Does your u-boot SRCREV = ${AUTOREV}? You could try picking a specific
> > SHA so it does not have to check for the latest each time.
>
> This is definitely a good suggestion. If you aren't using AUTOREV, then
> something else is triggering the fetcher. All of your parsed recipes can
> trigger fetchers, whether or not it is precisely what you are building,
> since the upstream sources are part of determining what needs to be
> rebuilt. It was a surprising (to me), but fundamental thing that happens,
> and I've just gotten used to it :)
>
> Richard could probably correct my description above, or provide more
> options.
>
> Bruce
>

> > -M

Thanks for the quick replys. I don't have SRCREV = ${AUTOREV}, but what I did
find is that someone put in the following:
PV="2011.12+${SRCPV}
PR="${inC_PR}.0"

When I removed these it seems to have fixed the issue. Was I wrong to remove
these? In the documentation, it says the following which led me to believe that
the inclusion of PV was a hack, and not part of something that should be
released
"PV is generally not overridden within a recipe unless it is building an
unstable version from a source code repository (e.g. Git or Subversion)."