[yocto] How to fix warning: set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Thu May 3 15:56:24 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 09:11:49PM +0200, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi,
>       I get a bunch of warnings asking me to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as
> <existing-package>-systemd.

You get those from the recipes that inherit systemd.bbclass, but not set
SYSTEMD_PACKAGES with ${PN}-systemd for some reason. Sometimes it's wrong and
needs fixing, but often it's done on purpose and the warning just needs to be
silenced.

> WARNING: /tool/yocto/meta-ti/recipes-misc/payload/bonescript.bb: it is recommended to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd

The first one is now silenced in meta-ti.

> WARNING: /tool/yocto/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-connectivity/networkmanager/networkmanager_0.9.2.0.bb: it is recommended to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd
> WARNING: /tool/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-extended/lighttpd/lighttpd_1.4.30.bb: it is recommended to set SYSTEMD_PACKAGES as <existing-package>-systemd

For these 2 please report them on openembedded-devel mailing list, where
meta-oe things are being discussed. The last warning is confisuing, as it
reports the recipe is in poky/oe-core, but it actually comes from the
corresponding .bbappend in meta-oe.

--
Denys