[yocto] Is it necessary to specify TARGET_ARM = "arm" ?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 3 03:49:08 PDT 2012

On Thursday 03 May 2012 12:42:24 Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Hi,
>       If in my overo.inc file, I specify the following:
>
> SOC_FAMILY = "omap3"
> require conf/machine/include/soc-family.inc
>
> require conf/machine/include/omap3.inc
> require conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa8.inc
>
> Is it necessary to specify TARGET_ARCH = "arm"  for the machine
> configuration?

This already comes in via omap3.inc, so you don't need to do this in your
machine config.

Also, it's worth noting that in current meta-ti master you don't need to
require tune-cortexa8.inc either since omap3.inc does this too (unless you're
wanting to support use with an older version of the meta-ti layer).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton