[yocto] meta-gumstix.git layer dependencies

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed May 2 23:01:58 PDT 2012

Hi Andreas,
                     I was just taking a look at your meta-gumstix.git repository, and it mentions that it depends upon

git://git.openembedded.org/openembedded-core
git://git.angstrom-distribution.org/meta-texasinstruments

Isn't openembedded-core shared with yocto's poky? If so, do I really need to add openembedded-core to my bblayers.conf file?

Also there is a meta-ti.git repository for texas instruments on the yocto website: git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-ti

Should one use the meta-ti or the meta-texasinstruments layer?

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson