[yocto] Using meta repositories from OpenEmbedded and Yocto projects

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at gmail.com
Wed May 2 07:46:24 PDT 2012

Hi,
       Can I re-use the meta-openembedded git repositories from openembedded.org and steve sakoman's meta-sakoman repositories (contains support for the Gumstix Overo board), and check it out inside a checkout of the yocto poky git repository, to take advantage of the latest yocto and openembedded recipes and build it for the Gumstix Overo board?

for example:

poky
	meta-openembedded  (from git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded)
	meta-openembedded-contrib (from git://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded-contrib)
	meta-sakoman.git (from git://www.sakoman.com/git/meta-sakoman)

I've used OpenEmbedded before, and this is my first time with Yocto, and I see a bunch of meta-* repositories, and was wondering if including them inside the main poky folder was the way to go, to add additional support from various sources.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson