[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, May 01, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue May 1 15:47:56 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Michael, Scott, Saul, Paul, Richard, Jeremy, Tom, Jeff Polk, Jessica, Nitin, Josh, Song, Mark, ScottG

Agenda
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.2 status - 5 min (Song)
  - 1.2 was released yesterday afternoon. Congrats to everyone and thanks for the team's hard word and great support from the community.
* Yocto 1.3 planning  - 10 min (Song/team)
  - Bugzilla, target version, priority, Time tracking. Michael will work with Saul on these issues.
  - this week the team is putting new features in Bugzilla and doing the estimation. Estimation is in 'perfect day's and is due by the end of this week.
  - Next week: will have the milestone schedule and assign features into milestones. Hopefully milestones will start in the week of 14th.

* Yocto 1.2.1 - Scott Garman
  - Scott is the maintainer for YP 1.2.1. Bugzilla target milestone (1.2.1), low risk, plan to use 6-8 weeks before we have RC1 for 1.2.1

* SWAT team rotation: Jessica -> Paul

* Opens - 10 min
  - Schedule downtime on autobuilder (Michael): We have new hardware, need downtime (6 hour window), only the builders (does not include git repos). The team is ok with this downtime this week.
  - Scott: hook up with Richard to get Poky repo synced up with docs. Offline
  - Paul: whiteboard field. We will use whiteboard for estimation before we have a bugzilla field.
  - Jeremy: tag for bitbake for 1.2? Yes, we will have tag, Richard will take care of it.
  - Richard: We got 1.2 release out now. Pull 1.3 patches and things together. There are things that have gone into the master. We switched to gcc 4.7, eglibc 2.15. Poky-Tiny is failing with the switch, there are a couple of failures in a couple of BSPs, in general it's working. Master is open for development. Please fix bugs for 1.2.1, it will be nice to get them fixed once and for all. Master-next is used to test things that will go into master.

* Team Sharing - 20 min
 - ScottG: past week for 1.2.1, setting up machines, in the process of working on adding Zigbee support for FRI II BSP. No ETA yet on Zigbee.
 - Nitin: last working eglic and gcc, fixing bugs, seeing some autoconf issues. Would like to get some help on this.
 - Jessica: 1.2 wrap up, getting ready for 1.2.1 and 1.3. Bugzilla category re-org. Now looking into 1.3 items.
 - Tom: Looking at internal BSPs and bug fixing.
 - Jeremy: Working on integrating 1.2, Will work with Paul on some issues.
 - Richard: Working on planning issue for 1.2.1 and 1.3. Others already mentioned in the open.
 - Paul: Came back from a short holiday. Working on something left from the design team. Probably will throw them out to the community very soon (web hob). Bug fixes and 1.3 planning.
  - Saul: working on 1.2, planning on 1.2.1, pulls in master, 1.3 planning, build appliance image, getting it ready for distribution.
  - ScottR: Last week spent most of time working through development manual, fixing problems and pushing into master. Website for 1.2. this week to get repo settled out with Richard, continue on some other manuals such as ADT.
  - Michael: Spent last week for buzgilla, did the first pass of upgrade. Fixed problems. Enabled Wiki plugin. This week will be the hw upgrade, finishing the bugzilla cat re-org.