[yocto] rebuilds -- when to do what??

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue May 1 03:02:15 PDT 2012

On Friday 27 April 2012 10:15:22 jfabernathy wrote:
> I generally work from Master repository and when I see significant
> changes while doing git pull, I try to rebuild one of my projects.  I've
> tried a lot of the methods:
>
> 1.  just bitbake again.
> 2.  bitbake -c cleanall or -c cleansstate core-image-sato
> 3.  If I know a recipe has changed, I'll bitbake -c cleansstate "recipe
> name"
>
> Most of the time something fails.  Researching what, is an impossibility
> to me and much quicker to just delete the build directory and redo it.
>
> Is there a good "how to" rebuild?  Or is it the best use of time to just
> tell users to blow away the build dir. and restart, saving the old
> local.conf and bblayer.conf?

We've addressed all of the rebuild issues that have been reported and those
that we've been able to detect before the 1.2 release, using a script which
forces a re-run of every task, so there should no longer be any rebuild
issues. If you do hit any post 1.2, please report them as bugs so we can
investigate and fix them.

Cheers,
Paul

--