[yocto] Yocto project quickstart information

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Mar 30 09:57:05 PDT 2012

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012, Barros Pena, Belen wrote:

>   * Finally, I forgot to install texinfo, and the error I got in the
> command line said that I was missing makeinfo (see screenshot
> attached). But when trying to install makeinfo I again got the
> "package could not be found" error. If the error had said I needed
> to install texinfo it would have made my life a bit easier.

  the problem is that, across distros, the same command might come as
part of a different package, so sometimes it's very hard to tell which
package you should advise installing.

  on that note, however, would it be that hard to define a ubuntu meta
or virtual package to install everything needed for yocto?  just to
avoid this sort of problem?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca