[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Peter Seebach peter.seebach at windriver.com
Mon Mar 26 09:44:05 PDT 2012

On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 17:41:43 +0000
Richard Purdie <richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> One or the other of the above on their own doesn't do this. Funky.

That's very strange.  I wouldn't have expected LOCALSTATEDIR to have
any effect either way; it might change how pseudo runs, but it shouldn't
affect whether it's being enabled.

If we are starting with pseudo loaded, I'm pretty sure it's unsafe to
unset PSEUDO_PREFIX ever.  After a fork(), pseudo will still be in
memory, and if PSEUDO_PREFIX is unset, Bad Things Happen.

-s
--
Listen, get this.  Nobody with a good compiler needs to be justified.