[yocto] can all of the licensing discussion be centralized in an appendix?

Tom Zanussi tom.zanussi at intel.com
Mon Mar 26 07:53:29 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-26 at 14:26 +0000, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> Is BSP licensing different than non-BSP licensing?  If not, then licensing could be combined into a single section.  Can someone answer this for me?

The focus of those sections are different and should probably be in
separate sections - the BSP licensing section of the BSP Guide deals
mainly with the licensing considerations affecting BSP images, while the
rest of the Manual deals with the nuts and bolts of how to deal with
licenses when writing recipes.

> Also, good point on the BSP guide appearing as a chapter in the reference manual.  I have not liked this.  Is there any rational reason to have it this way?

I guess it's there for convenience, but the only reason I can see for
keeping it there other than that is that it's the only chapter that
deals with the kernel.

It would probably make sense would be to remove everything in the the
BSP Guide from the reference manual, except for the kernel section,
which should stay since it's of general interest and not just to people
dealing with BSPs.

Does that make sense?

Tom