[yocto] pseudo interaction issue

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 23 05:20:08 PDT 2012

On Friday 23 March 2012 02:16:35 Peter Seebach wrote:
> Still really weird to me that I can't reproduce this outside of hob.
> I am pretty sure there exists a series of forks and execs and
> environment changes such that this will end up happening.

I now have a fairly simple test case outside of hob. Put the attached file in
meta/classes/ and then add the following to your local.conf:

INHERIT += "breakit"

Then, just run something that will actually execute a real task. If bzip2 has
already been built you can trigger it just with this, which doesn't take very
long:

bitbake -c package -f bzip2

This should give you a stream of "pseudo: You must set the PSEUDO_PREFIX
environment variable to run pseudo." after the task summary.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton