[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 20, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Mar 20 16:33:48 PDT 2012

Current (M4) Priorities: HOB2, build appliance, bug fixing, warning messages

Attendee:
Saul, Joshua, Paul, Richard, Tom, Bruce, Jessica, Bjorn, Darren, Jeremy, Denys, Dave, Song

Agenda
* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* 1.1.1 status: published schedule.
  - Hold off on 1.1.1 while verify BSP compatibility. QA has mostly completed, no new issues found.
  - QA has done, follow up with Beth. Song will publish point release schedule.
* Yocto 1.2 M4 status and release criteria review - 20 min (Song/Team)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.2_Status
  - Plan for the consolidated branch: don't want to put things in master right away. Building a consolidated branch with all submitted patches and then merge them to master by this Wednesday.
  - RP: We are now into stabilization: will be strict about merging bug fixing, make sure we do what we can to fix bugs.
  - number of open bugs are high.
  - Priorities: HOB2, build appliance, bug fixing, warning messages
  - WDD, ideally we should bring it down to 700.
  - N+1 distro testing, starting from RC1.
  - Documentation: update to the release.
  - We will try to keep build performance at the same level
  - Package update: Done. Updated over 70 packages. No more package update.
  - Warning messages in release criteria. Moving forward, change some warning to error. For 1.3. For 1.2.

  - M4: Song will update the wiki page.
    - Complete most of the P1 features, achieve the release goal of improving usability and user experience. Most of the P2/P3 features.
    -
    -
* SWAT team rotation: Paul->Jessica
* Opens - 10 min
  - stabilization

* Team Sharing - 20 min
 Denys: Getting ready for the BSP summit. Busy with Meta-ti and other layers.
 Darren: A couple of updates on bugs, mostly on internal things.
 Jessica: Resume Eclipse plugin for BSP tool.
 Bruce: Finishing up 1.2 items, waiting for 3.4 merge window. 3.2.11 is 1.2 kernel version.
 Tom: spent time on BSP tools, addressing all inputs from M3. updated wiki for how to use it. Updating all meta-intel BSPs, working on internal BSPs.
 Richard: been doing patch review and merging. Warning fixes. More of the same this week,
 Paul: Been doing bug fixes and warning fixes, helping ScottR with doc changes. Build history data analysis. Will continue this week.
 Joshua: Help on HOB2, code view, integration issues.
 Saul: Patch review, validation, fixing warnings, build appliance patches. Will be out next week.