[yocto] Problem in Compiling Qt-4.6.3

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Mar 20 09:42:12 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 20 March 2012 12:07:37 Navani Srivastava wrote:
> >> "db2.cpp:42:20: fatal error: sqlcli.h: No such file or directory"
> >> "oci.cpp:42:17: fatal error: oci.h: No such file or directory"

The above errors are just passed through from the configure tests and despite
saying "fatal" they actually aren't.

The real problem appears to be this error:

> | sed: can't read
>
> /home/navani/Poky/poky-bernard-5.0/build/tmp/work/armv6-poky-linux-gnueabi/q
> t4-embedded-4.6.3-r26.1/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.3/translations/Make
> file: No such file or directory

> On removing
> "sed -e '/QMAKE_TARGET /d' -e '/TARGET /d' -i ${S}/translations/Makefile"
> from qt-4.6.3.inc and this error got resolved. But I don't think this is
> the correct way.

It's not obvious, but looking through Qt 4.6.3's configure script, it seems
that if you specify a "-make xxx" option you won't get the default items
("libs tools examples demos docs translations") unless you state them
explicitly, although "-nomake xxx" will not trigger this. Thus by having "-
make libs" in your configure command line it has disabled all of the other
defaults including translations.

So I think you have two options to fix this:

a) Remove the "-make libs" option and add "-nomake xxx" for anything you don't
want in the default items listed above, or

b) Add "-make translations" and possibly "-make xxx" for anything other than
libs from the above list that you do want.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton