[yocto] my idea of a quick start guide

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 19 11:02:41 PDT 2012

On 03/19/2012 10:17 AM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> I could replace the Beagleboard xM machine with qemux86.  The
> introductory bit up front provides minimal inconvenience to the

"Minimal inconvenience" is a subjective assessment of course. I find it
very annoying to slog through that much material when all I want are the
3 shell commands to get it going, from which I can typically infer a lot.

Other have reported similar views.

> reader to quickly hop down to the section via the link.

I missed this on my first scan, despite checking for it. My fault? Sure.
But I'm not likely to be the only one.

--
Darren

> Scott
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Darren Hart
> [mailto:dvhart at linux.intel.com] Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 11:07
> AM To: Rifenbark, Scott M Cc: Robert P. J. Day; Yocto discussion
> list Subject: Re: [yocto] my idea of a quick start guide
>

> On 03/16/2012 04:27 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
>> Several people have indicated a quick start section like Robert's
>> wiki page would be good in the YP QS.  I agree that the idea of
>> diverting the super user to a shortened, more concise section that
>> let's you kick the tires of Yocto is a good idea.  I have created a
>> section based on Robert's example from his wiki page.  You can see
>> it at this link:
>>
>> http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/latest/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html#super-user

Feedback and comments welcome.

--