[yocto] syslinux filesystem size limitation

Darren Hart dvhart at linux.intel.com
Fri Mar 16 11:41:36 PDT 2012

On 03/15/2012 06:07 AM, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> Hello,
> 	In yocto I find that the live image (hddimg) is generated using
> syslinux (in bootimg.bbclass). But, I find there has been no check
> enforced to find whether the filesystem size exceeds 1 GB. The image
> will not boot if the hddimg size exceeds 1GB. This is due to the
> limitation in syslinux.

Where are you getting this information?

>From what I can gather, syslinux 2.xx didn't support FAT32, which
limited the maximum filesystem size purely due to limitations of FAT16.
Syslinux 3.xx supports FAT32. We are building syslinux 4.xx in Yocto.

I'm fairly certain I've built syslinux images larger than 1GB without an
issue.

Can you provide a failure case?

--
Darren Hart