[yocto] propriety of asking OE-core questions on yocto list?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 15 08:34:38 PDT 2012

On Friday 09 March 2012 12:43:42 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> so it would make more sense to use the yocto reference manual as my
> guide, even though i would be asking fundamental questions about
> oe-core.

Yes. The OE documentation is out of date as you've observed, so the most
reliable source of information is going to be the Yocto Project manuals.

>   which is the right forum for that?  certainly the topic would be OE,
> but any suggestions for improvements to the docs would be a yocto
> issue.

Metadata is either-or I suppose since it's shared between the two projects,
although the OE folks would I'm sure appreciate discussion relating directly
to the metadata being over on the OE-Core list. Issues with the Yocto Project
manuals should be discussed here (and you may wish to CC Scott Rifenbark as
well.)

Cheers,
Paul

--