[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 13, 2012 8:00 AM-9:00 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).

Liu, Song song.liu at intel.com
Tue Mar 13 11:25:05 PDT 2012

Attendees:
Saul, Michael, Darren, Richard, Sean, Jessica, Tom, Dave, Mark, Bruce, Nitin, Joshua, Venkata, Beth, Song

Agenda

* Opens collection - 5 min (Song)
* Yocto 1.2 M3/M4 status - 20 min (Song/Team)
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.2_Status
  - M3 RC1 and 1.1.1 are being released.
  - Bugzilla has not been updated. Please update feature/task status by the end of day.
  - 1.2 feature freeze/complete is coming up on March. 18th. Please review features you own and send me email about which ones should be postponed.
  - We have an uptick for the number of open bugs. There will be more bugs coming   due to HOB2 review.
  - Current priority: feature development, bug fixing, package update, fixing warning messages.

* SWAT team rotation: Beth->Paul

* Opens - 10 min
  - Mark: Reusing sstate cache, missing a testcase: found a bug in 1.1, found a new bug in 1.2, try to use the st cache, the compiler will try to use compiler from previous compiler.
    Sean: Mentor are testing sstate cache. There is at least one issue identified. Sean to take a look at what's going on, make sure we are augmenting what's done. We should see more mentor involvement in upstream.
    RP: Many sstate issues are known. There are warning messages the team can help to fix and that should improve sstate stability.

    Action item: Mark will open a bug to identify and describe the testcase missing for sstate testing and assign to Jiajun.
    Action item: Darren/Michael will work together to sort the janitor's list and represent them properly in Bugzilla.
    Action item: RP will file a bug for writing scripts for this issue.

  - When to stop sending kernel updates: Feature freeze 3/18

  - RPM issue with x32 image: Working with Mark on this. Richard knows about it. RPM is failing on the final image, blocker for x32 work. It worked before, it stopped working. RPM is giving dependency errors. Mark: might be a bug in our code. Trying to get this done this week or next. Nitin will file a bug and assign  it Mark.

* Team Sharing - 20 min

Huwei, Venkata, we are joining the Yocto Project and would like to contribute to the project. Song: there is a meeting setup with Huawei to discuss this.
Michael: new Yocto hardware. Backup for source code and data also for autobuilder testing. Bugzilla 4.2 to look at, we have 4.0 now. Will email when 4.2 is ready. Will be in conference today and next week, working from Denver next week.
Beth: taking longer for the releases. Working on scripts to automate some of the process. Should have M3 and 1.1.1 by the end of tomorrow. Song will send Beth the list for M3 features and known issues.