[yocto] 1.2_M2-Final build failures

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Mar 12 06:14:48 PDT 2012

Dear Paul,

In message <3971839.nMHIKpoOXs at helios> you wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 February 2012 11:28:22 jfabernathy wrote:
> > Using the tarballs for Poky and meta-intel for 1.2_M2-Final, I was
> > getting a lot of build failures below is what worked and what didn't.
> > Not sure if this is a bug or if I'm missing something. I extracted the
> > meta-intel tarball for 1.2_M2-Final in the poky directory created by
> > extracting the poky tarball for 1.2_M2.Final.
> >  3. building n450 core-image-minimal fails with error: ERROR: Unable to
> >     parse /home/jim/poky/meta/recipes-core/tasks/task-base.bb:00:20
> >     Traceback (most recent call last):
> >        File "/home/jim/poky/bitbake/lib/bb/parse/ast.py", line 379, in
> >     multi_finalize(fn='/home/jim/poky/meta/recipes-core/tasks/task-base.bb
> >     <http://task-base.bb>', d=<bb.data_smart.DataSmart object at
> >     0x4a801d0>):
> >  4. building cedartrail core-image-minimal fails with error: ERROR:
> >     Unable to parse conf/bitbake.conf: Could not include required file
> >     conf/machine/include/ia32-base.inc
>
> I think I know what's going on here. In previous editions it was enough to
> have just the meta-intel sub-layer in your bblayers.conf (e.g. meta-crownbay)
> - now you also need to add meta-intel itself to get certain common files. If
> you do this then your errors will go away.

Is it correct to assume that your note refers to the "4." problem
above only?

I see the very same error as described as "3." above, but I don't use
sub-layers.

Any idea what mightbe causeing this, and how to fix it?

This is with 1.2_M3.rc1 ...

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No problem is insoluble.
	-- Dr. Janet Wallace, "The Deadly Years", stardate 3479.4