[yocto] Adding test files to an image

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 05:22:05 PST 2012

On 03/08/2012 08:04 PM, Eric Bénard wrote:
> Le Thu, 08 Mar 2012 17:38:40 -0500,
> jfabernathy<jfabernathy at gmail.com>  a écrit :
>> So what I can get to work is the following recipe, but what I want is
>> not o have to specify the file extension:
>>
> you may be able to build your archive in a directory like :
> myvideos-1.0/files.mp4, so that your files will be available in ${S} =
> ${WORKDIR}/myvideos-1.0/
>
> Eric
Duh!  That was too easy. Not sure why it was not obvious to me.  Thanks,

So I put all my videos into a directory called myvideos-1.0 and tar
gz'ed the whole directory.  now the following works:

DESCRIPTION = "my video test files"
SECTION = "examples"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"

MY_DESTINATION = "/home/root/myvideos"

SRC_URI = "file://myvideos-1.0/myvideos-1.0.tar.gz"

do_install_append() {
         install -d ${D}${MY_DESTINATION}
         install -m 0644 ${S}/* ${D}${MY_DESTINATION}
}

PR = "r0"

FILES_${PN} += "${MY_DESTINATION}/*"

You just have to put your newly created tarball of the myvideos-1.0
directory in the SRC_URI.

Thanks again,

JIm A