[yocto] iptables not building on master

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Tue Mar 6 07:21:32 PST 2012

On 03/06/2012 11:16 PM, Khem Raj wrote:
> On 03/06/2012 01:04 AM, Robert Yang wrote:
>>
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> Thanks for the update, the root cause is that iptables offers
>> a kernel header file include/linux/types.h, but it mis-matches
>> the kernel in the sysroot, we can add this:
>>
>> #define __aligned_u64 __u64 __attribute__((aligned(8)))
>>
>> to:
>>
>> iptables-1.4.12.2/include/linux/types.h
>>
>> to fix this problem.
>
> find out why iptables has its own copy of linux/types.h that file should be
> deleted if there is no reason to have it.

Here is the reply from Bruce:

iptables has always done this .. and it has periodically caused issues like
this in the past. Typically something like you have above is done, or
iptables is updated to a newer version (I assume we can't do that
in this case?), to fix any build issues.

I've had iptables in a directory/location with a dependency on a particular
kernel version (to show the coupling) in the past to enforce a check
before the build breaks.

// Robert