[yocto] initramfs support in Yocto

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 5 08:41:18 PST 2012

On Monday 05 March 2012 12:50:03 Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> Which means that the initramfs contains the entire rootfs filesystem
> including the user space applications and its related libraries. In my
> case, the size of initramfs comes to 158 MB gziped to 66 MB. Most of the
> files in that are not needed for initramfs.

The recommendation here would be to use a separate recipe to produce the
intramfs image - we have an example of this in recipes-core/images/core-image-
minimal-initramfs.bb. This way you can fully control the content of the
initramfs independent of your root filesystem.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton