[yocto] Kconfig depend problem

caterwaul caterwaul at 163.com
Sat Jun 30 02:37:01 PDT 2012

Hi Friends,

I failed to merge "MTD_TESTS=m" into my final .config file. I noticed MTD_TESTS depend <choice> as following pasted. But I didn't find any choice definition in that Kconfig. What does that <choice> mean? Did I miss something?

IN menuconfig menu:
Symbol: MTD_TESTS [=m]
Type  : tristate
    Prompt: MTD tests support
  Defined at drivers/mtd/Kconfig:28
      Depends on: MTD [=y] && m && <choice>
  Location:
      -> Device Drivers
         -> Memory Technology Device (MTD) support (MTD [=y])

IN drivers/mtd/Kconfig:
config MTD_TESTS
        tristate "MTD tests support"
        depends on m
        help
          This option includes various MTD tests into compilation. The tests
          should normally be compiled as kernel modules. The modules perform
          various checks and verifications when loaded.