[yocto] LAMP layer

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 27 08:58:39 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 08:49:22 Khem Raj wrote:
> I think PHP probably is common enough to be part
> of meta-oe or core. instead of lamp call it something else may be
> meta-webservers or something
> and more alternatives can also be put in there

I don't know a huge amount about PHP but it appears to me that it can be built
either standalone or as an Apache module - we had two separate recipes to
build each alternative in OE-classic, and that split persists today - the
standalone version is in meta-oe and I'm resurrecting the apache module
version (modphp).

I don't think PHP belongs in OE-core - it's not something everyone needs. I'm
willing to accept the standalone version might also belong in this layer
though particularly if it turns into a more generic web server layer as you're
suggesting. I'm not sure I can commit to cleaning up the standalone version
though.

Cheers,
Paul

--