[yocto] Yocto Development Manual Appendix B question

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 04:35:33 PDT 2012

On 06/27/2012 06:35 AM, jfabernathy wrote:
> On 06/26/2012 04:43 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
>> Jim,
>>
>> Did you cleansstate before building and using menuconfig?  There is a
>> bug (2256) that prevents configurations made using menuconfig from
>> sticking.
> As I said from my iPhone last night, yes I did do cleansstate as
> stated in the manual.  I will reset and run a test of Apendix B.2
> taking the path of not having done B.1 first.  Maybe the stuff related
> to setting up you local kernel and modifying the source had some
> impact.  More later.
>
> JIm A

Okay I did the example B.2 in the developer manual without having done
B.1 first.  Summary is it works as documented.  However, the WARNING
below scared me into thinking I had an issue.  If I ignore it,
everything works.  I was surprised that after recompiling linux-yocto
and building it, I didn't have to rebuild the image.  I would have
thought that a step of bitbake core-image-minimal was needed to add the
newly compiled and built kernel to the boot image.  Anyway, here's the
warning and the contents of the mismatch.cfg file:

WARNING: There were 1 hardware options requested that do not
          have a corresponding value present in the final ".config" file.
          This probably means you aren't getting the config you wanted.
The full list can be found in your workspace at:
/build/qemux86/tmp/work/qemux86-poky-linux/linux-yocto-3.2.18+git1+49f931bc294d5b6be60502bbd448cff5aa766235_1+c228cadee60f0ada73d11a36f6932f50a1c52d48-r1/linux/meta/cfg/standard/default/common-pc/mismatch.cfg

Waiting a second to make sure you get a chance to see this...
The file mismatch.cfg contains:

Value requested for CONFIG_SMP not in final ".config"
Requested value: "CONFIG_SMP=y"
Actual value set: "# CONFIG_SMP is not set"

Jim A