[yocto] <rant>the current yocto FAQ is pretty much valueless</rant>

Tomas Frydrych tf+lists.yocto at r-finger.com
Wed Jun 27 02:39:40 PDT 2012

Hi,

On 26/06/12 18:59, Brian Duffy wrote:
> No, an FAQ should not get you the expertise to create a commercial grade
> product. Reading the documentation should though. You don't want users to
> have to study source code.

If you were paying for the tools, then that would be a reasonable
expectation, but you are not. It is entirely fair to point out that the
documentation is lacking; it is not at all fair to expect that someone
will fix it for you at their own expense. If you are working on a
commercial product, you can, of course, pay someone to improve the
documentation (and even contribute it back to the project).

Also, I think in the Poky context it is better to talk about developers
rather than users; to build a commercial product, your team will need to
have a pretty solid grasp of every aspect of a Linux system.

Tomas