[yocto] How to include libstdc++ in an image?

maniacbug maniacbug at ymail.com
Tue Jun 26 19:22:20 PDT 2012

Hi.  I am using denzil, trying to build a core-image-minimal with
libstdc++ installed.  I want to cross-develop in c++, and run the
resulting apps on the image.  For now, I am using qemu-arm as the
machine.  I've been able to build and run core-image-minimal out of the
box. build the cross tools, and build apps using the cross tools (and
even add ssh to the image).  What I cannot figure out how to do is get
libstdc++ (and libgcc1 and libc6) onto the target machine.

The task-core-standalone-sdk-target looks super promising,
seeming to contain the exact pieces I need.  I thought I could add this
to the IMAGE_INSTALL line in core-image-minimal.bb, and have the libs
show up.  This didn't happen, so clearly I have some more to learn about poky.

Can anyone advise the appropriate way to inject libsdtc++ (and its dependencies) into a poky image?  Please note that I do not need to compile/link apps on the target, only run them.

Thanks!