[yocto] Yocto Development Manual Appendix B question

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 13:40:05 PDT 2012

On 06/26/2012 04:21 PM, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Yes - I am still running the very last part of my test.  If that is the change then I will make it to the 1.2 version of the manual and publish it to the website.
>
> Scott

While I had this working I thought I'd complete the Appendix B example
for the CONFIG_SMP change.  I'm finding problems with the compile step
after menuconfig is run to turn off SMP.  I get a mismatch that I don't
understand:

Value requested for CONFIG_SMP not in final ".config"
Requested value: "CONFIG_SMP=y"
Actual value set: "# CONFIG_SMP is not set"

There must be another setting of CONFIG_SMP that is conflicting with the
.config file

Jim A