[yocto] <rant>the current yocto FAQ is pretty much valueless</rant>

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Tue Jun 26 10:12:49 PDT 2012

On Tue, 26 Jun 2012, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

> So this situation might lend itself to a nice FAQ question....
> Something like "How do I isolate site and machine specific
> information during a build?"  And the solution can tell them how to
> use a site.conf file.

  yes, but it would also need information on ordering of consultation.
from bitbake.conf:

require conf/abi_version.conf
include conf/site.conf
include conf/auto.conf
include conf/local.conf
include conf/build/${BUILD_SYS}.conf
include conf/target/${TARGET_SYS}.conf
include conf/machine/${MACHINE}.conf
include conf/machine-sdk/${SDKMACHINE}.conf
include conf/distro/${DISTRO}.conf
include conf/distro/defaultsetup.conf
include conf/documentation.conf
require conf/sanity.conf

  is it safe to assume that the ordering there is important, and that
files are consulted top down?  if that's the case, it's useful to
explain that the site.conf file would be consulted before one's
local.conf file (if that's in fact the case).

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca