[yocto] <rant>the current yocto FAQ is pretty much valueless</rant>

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Jun 26 09:18:36 PDT 2012

On Tuesday 26 June 2012 11:45:50 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   since the ubiquitous reaction to complaining about something is
> always, "don't just whine, do something about it," i'm doing that.
> i've started a personal yocto FAQ, based on questions either i've
> asked myself, or colleagues or clients have asked me, and i'm posting
> them here (obviously a work in progress, typed in over the last hour):
>
> http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Yocto_FAQ
>
>   i'm collecting questions that clearly belong in a "how do i do X?"
> FAQ and, even if i don't know the answer, i'm still going to add the
> question to remind me to *find* the answer.

Just looking at that page, a couple of items spring to mind:

1) Why are you pointing people to the prefile/postfile options in preference to
just putting the "common, personal configuration" in local.conf?

2) Your IMAGE_INSTALL_append example needs a leading space in the string or it
will almost certainly not work (or at least, it will only work when there's
already a trailing space in the value of IMAGE_INSTALL).

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton