[yocto] Yocto Development Manual Appendix B question

jfabernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 07:52:29 PDT 2012

In the example in The Developement Manual v1.2 in Appendix B Section
B.1.7, it states that you need to put in the statement:

KSRC_linux_yocto_3_2 ?= "/home/scottrif/linux-yocto-3.2.git"

into the appropriate .bbappend file way now in the poky-extra directory
structure.  If I look at that file, |linux-yocto_3.2.bbappend| , I seen
a SRC_URI line, immediately after our inserted KSRC statement, that is
commented out:

# SRC_URI =
"git://${KSRC_linux_yocto_3_2};protocol=file;nocheckout=1;branch=${KBRANCH},meta;name=machine,meta"

Should that line be uncommented or is the SRC_URI already defaulted
somewhere to use the newly defined KSRC_linux_yocto_3_2 variable?

Jim A