[yocto] Selecting gcc version

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Tue Jun 26 00:20:04 PDT 2012

On 26 Jun 2012, at 02:36, Khem Raj wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
>>

>> Well, that proves it's not the compiler. Still fails to boot, even though the toolchain that's supposed to work is 4.5.1. Does 32-bit / 64-bit host make a difference?
>
> host should not matter although from my compiler experience I have
> seen few cases where hosts injects bugs into cross compiler which
> showed up on the target in compiled code but those cases were rare.

Yes, I've not really seen any issues in this area before.

> You should make sure that the compiler if the guys (who claim it works
> ) doesnt carry patches that are special.

The tree that holds the tools (https://github.com/raspberrypi/tools) doesn't seem to have any source, so I'm assuming it's unmodified. However, I've asked the question just incase...

One thing I have noticed is the kernel images I build are less than half the size of the 'official' ones.

Thanks for all the help you've given me on this :-)

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com