[yocto] Selecting gcc version

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 14:52:01 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Chris Tapp <opensource at keylevel.com> wrote:
> Yes, it's 3.1.9 and it does compile. But the latest commits don't run when I build them (system displays a 'failed to execute kernel' error screen). Paul Eggleton has failed to get any to work when built using 4.7.0 (current master), so it does look as if this is compiler-related.
>
> None of the commits appear to be likely to cause a change from 'good' to 'bad'.

can you tell me which commit is last good ?
yes there are interaction between kernel and compiler
sometimes kernel code has wrong expectation of gcc and when it gets
fixed in gcc things dont work so in such cases kernel is fixed in some
case kernel may expose real gcc bug too. Cant tell much unless its narrowed down

in some case